Rotec Hydraulics Ltd are a leading engineering firm who supply products to a range of industries including marine, defence, aerospace, nuclear, utilities and industrial. We are a well renowned company in the field of engineering and involved with multiple scale projects across the UK and internationally.
Successful candidates will be joining an established and knowledgeable down to earth team.
For more information on current roles avaliable and how to apply, please read below.
Strictly no agencies please!
If you are a hydraulics engineer graduate looking for hands-on experience or even a mechanical engineer looking for a new challenge and would be interested in joining our busy workshops in Taunton or Plymouth we would be very pleased to hear from you. Please contact Rotec’s Managing Director, Paul Prouse on 01823 348900 or via
Job Title: Hydraulic Service Engineer
Location: Taunton, Somerset
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience
Hours: Core hours are Monday – Thursday 08:00-17:00 and Friday 08:00-16:00
Benefits: 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical package and contributory pension scheme, highly established and reputable business and friendly, welcoming, team orientated environment.
- Work within the guidelines of the Company Quality Management System
- Carry out engineering work at company depots, on-site, and at customer’s premises, as requested.
- Ensure that all work is completed to specification, in accordance with the Company’s procedures and quality standards
- Ensure that workmanship is of the highest standard at all times, and satisfies the Company’s and customer’s requirements
- Ensure that all units assembled are properly tested in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, and approved by a nominated person prior to despatch
- Ensure that all installations are completed in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations
- Make every effort to ensure work is completed on-time and within budget, identifying additional work not included in the original estimate and reporting information to Workshop Manager.
- Ensure that a full and accurate record of time spent on each activity is recorded on timesheets each week
- Work with the Workshop Manager to identify personal training needs, and undertake appropriate training programmes within work schedules
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met & that the relevant Risk Assessments are completed and actioned
- Ensure the workshop and all working areas are kept clean & tidy at all times
- Act in a professional and responsible manner at all times when representing the Company
- Ensure timely completion of stock requisitions for all components removed from stock
- To be available when required for off-site commissioning, service & repair work
- Ensure the safe-keeping, regular maintenance, and professional appearance of Company vehicles, tools and equipment
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety policy
Skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
- Thorough understanding of general engineering and hydraulic systems
- BFPA level 1 & 2 certificate in mobile / industrial hydraulics
- A basic understanding of electrics/electronics would be of benefit, but not essential
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- BFPA Foundation Safety Course
- BFPA Hose Assembly Skills Course
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Team player
- To expect and demonstrate high standards of workmanship
- Good planning & time-management skills
If you have a qualification within Hydraulics or Mechanical engineering and are looking for hands on experience please get in touch as the company can offer full training for the right candidate.
If you are interested in finding out more please call Georgie at Office Angels on 01823 285440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.
Rotec offer quality design, build, installation and maintenance of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical mechanical and electronic components and systems across all industry sectors throughout the UK and internationally.
Head office: +44 (0)1823 348900