CareersWe are a leading engineering firm who supply products to a range of industries including marine, defence, aerospace, nuclear, utilities and industrial. Well renowned for high quality customer service, our team are involved with multiple scale projects across the UK and internationally. Successful candidates will be joining an established and knowledgeable team. For more information on current roles available and how to apply, please read below.
Strictly no agencies please.
Hydraulic Service Engineer (Taunton, Stroud & Plymouth Service Centres)
Salary negotiable dependent on experience +benefits package (see details below)
At Rotec, we are investing heavily in and expanding our technical team. We are looking for experienced Hydraulic Service Engineers to join our technical team our Taunton, Stroud and Plymouth Service Centres.
Rotec is a leading supplier of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical Mechanical engineering services and products. Our clients span all industry sectors, including Defence, Aerospace, Transport, Utilities, Manufacturing and Marine. Headquartered in Taunton, Somerset, Rotec has circa 50 employees.
Our multi-skilled team work on challenging bespoke design and build projects, as well as numerous planned maintenance and breakdown repair jobs. Recently named finalists at the Somerset Business Award for ‘Best Use of Technology’ and ‘Somerset Manufacturer/Producer of the Year’, Rotec are proud to be at the cutting edge of engineering and you could play an important role in this.
Successful applicants can take a lead role in the execution of company business, ensuring that company standards and integrity of work are maintained.
For further information please call Operations Manager, Mark Conniff on 01823 348900 for a confidential chat, or email your CV to email@example.com.
What You’ll Get
- Rotec recognises the benefits of a healthy work/life balance and as such offers 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays to all staff.
- Each employee has access to an award-winning private medical package, potentially saving you hundreds of pound each year on dentistry, opticians and more.
- All Rotec team members are enrolled into a contributory pension scheme.
- You will be supported in your ongoing professional development through our robust continuous professional development programme and ethos.
- Overtime opportunities are also available.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an individual who can carry out engineering work at our Rotec service centres and on-site, at a client’s premises, as requested by the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring work is completed to specification and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, our procedures and quality standards.
- Confirming all work is properly tested in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, and approved by a nominated person prior to despatch.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring work is of the highest standard and satisfies the customer’s requirements.
- Ensuring work is completed on-time and within budget, identifying additional work not included in the original estimate and reporting information to Senior Management.
- Identifing personal training needs and liaise with the Operations Manager to undertake appropriate training.
- Representing Rotec in a professional and responsible manner. Communicate effectively and appropriately with customers.
- Meeting all Health & Safety requirements and complete/act upon Risk Assessments as appropriate.
- Keeping the workshop and all working areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensuring timely completion of stock requisitions for all components removed from stock.
- Ensuring the safe-keeping, regular maintenance, and professional appearance of company vehicles, tools and equipment.
- To communicate and work as part of a small team effectively.
- To be prepared to travel for work purposes and carry out service and repair work on a customer’s premises.
- To be prepared to work outside of normal working hours as and when required.
- Occasional overtime opportunities are also available.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in general engineering and servicing of hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of electrics/electronics is desirable, but not essential
- Relevant engineering qualifications
- BFPA level 1, 2 & 3 certificate in mobile / industrial hydraulics
- BFPA Foundation Safety Course
- BFPA Hose Assembly Skills Course
- BFPA Hose Integrity, Inspection & Management
- Good communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Energetic, self motivated and a problem-solver
- Team player
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Full driving licence
If you have a qualification within Hydraulics or Mechanical engineering and are looking for hands on experience please get in touch as the company can offer full training for the right candidate.
If you are interested in finding out more please call Operations Manager, Mark Conniff on 01823 348900 for a confidential chat, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taunton (Head office)
Unit 1, Venture Way
Priorswood Industrial Estate