Sales Engineer Assistant
Type: Full Time
Rotec’s growth offers an opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated Sales Engineer Assistant to join our busy Plymouth team. Our Plymouth Depot are experts in hydraulic marine systems and are looking for technically minded individual, in possession of good communication skills and excellent telephone manner and ideally, good knowledge of general engineering. Previous experience of working in the Fluid Power industry is highly advantageous.
The following training will be provided by Rotec Hydraulics to ensure:
- Detailed knowledge of the range of fluid connector and industrial hose products
- BFPA Foundation Safety Course
- BFPA Hose Assembly Skills Course
- Clear understanding of the company’s IT system in those areas required to fulfill the job responsibilities
- Be aware of opportunities to add value to trade counter sales
- Recognise when the assistance of a colleague with specialist knowledge is required
- Strong emphasis on hydraulic marine systems
- Respond to customer sales enquiries via telephone or e-mail
- Maintain regular contact with nominated key accounts, identifying new opportunities to increase levels of business.
- Follow up quotations and proposals with the aim of securing orders.
- Record all customer correspondence and enquiries in the Prospect CRM system.
- Customer visits may be required at times
- Trade counter responsibilities will be required
- Ensure a thorough understanding of key suppliers products is maintained
- Deliveries may be required
- Pick, pack check & dispatch customer orders accurately & on time
- Quickly advise the sales & purchasing departments of any shortages noted on a sales advise note
- Manufacture hydraulic hose assemblies in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations
- Ensure the cleanliness of the trade counter and warehouse is maintained to the company’s standards at all times
- Ensure that stock is correctly checked in, in the absence of the Goods Inwards Supervisor
- Work within the guidelines of the Company Quality Management System
- Adhere to company health & Safety policy
- Broad understanding of hydraulic & pneumatic components and systems highly advantageous
- Good knowledge of general engineering highly advantageous
- Excellent telephone manner, written communication, and working IT skills are essential
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Able to use own initiative
- Full UK driving licence
- An attractive remuneration package is being offered for the successful applicant and is negotiable
- Take advantage of any further product or personal development training opportunities
- Potential to progress into a more senior role
Please apply in writing, enclosing your CV to Dave Nance – firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Rotec offer quality design, build, installation and maintenance of hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic components and systems in the aerospace, agriculture, industrial, marine, transport and utilities sectors throughout the UK and internationally.
Head office: +44 (0)1823 348900